Tinnitus is a condition in which you hear ringing or another similar noise in one or both ears, without an external sound source being present (i.e. a radio, TV, etc.). Tinnitus can often be bothersome or uncomfortable for the individual, causing them to have difficulty performing their daily tasks.

How can an Audiologist help?

Audiologists can help by:

  • Working as part of an interdisciplinary team to assess cases of tinnitus (e.g. ENT, family doctor, psychologist, etc.)
  • Conducting audiologic assessments or providing tinnitus consultations
  • Suggesting different strategies to manage their tinnitus (i.e. using properly fitted hearing aids, sound therapy, etc.)


Find a Speech-Language Pathologist or Audiologist


For More Information on Tinnitus in Canada

by Pamela L. Ramage-MorinRex BanksDany Pineault and Maha Atrach